Wednesday, December 28, 2016

S1:E1 THE NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE!

So, if you drift in to the game, you get the walk in story. I am going to play through this and make some notes. I will point out here, if you want to drop out and just play click here (and probably just to Season 2)




OK, so AURA (your ship computer) will start helping you. click through the steps (you'll hit next a lot)

Basic Navigation is first and the tutorial is pretty slick so far. Barry is happy.

Exploring the Wreckage is next. I will point out that I have heard getting ahead of AURA here is 'bad' and can get you stuck. New poeple are probably still ooing and ahhing. experienced players might shoot themselves if not careful here. I don't like the radial menu much, but that is just me. Also, turn on the afterburner (ALT+F1) since it won't hurt anything.

Now you get to listen to more back story. (grabs popcorn) oh and praise praise. Oh and there are 'Drifters' which is new to me, but we'll look at them later.

Next up will be Removing Warp Disruption Field tutorial. Again, follow along, note that civilian guns never need ammo but they suck. You need to kill two ships to pass this fight. You can loot the wrecks if you want. isk is isk.

Next is DESTROY THE BACKUP GENERATOR... go and kill it. Nuff said.

So, I hear you ask, what if I say Eff it and approach the Drifter Battleships? You got blown up and end up in a pod. If you are new, don't worry, you'll get a new one when you dock.

I'll go dock in my pod and follow up next post.












No comments:

Post a Comment