Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Welcome

S1:E0 Welcome to Five Minute EVE.

The plan here is to make an Alpha character and relive the beginnings of EVE online. I used to play several years ago and only now and I getting back in to it after about a three year break. There is a lot to learn in EVE Online and a lot has changed. I also want to try to break this down in to short five minute bites for players to read through rather than to make it a wall of text.

The initial few posts here will be me walking through the NPE (New Player Experience) as a starting Alpha. I plan on trying to run these in groups as Seasons and Episodes. So this is Season 1 and Episode 0 . (S1:E0).

OK, well, time is short, so we should get going.
 When you start you can choose between four different races (Gallente, Amarr, Caldari, and Minmatar). Each of the for races has three sub-groups, once you choose those you then have to sculpt your body, choose your ancestry and education, and finally your name.

So, to kick things off, I hereby hatch a heavy set, weak, old, one-eyed Minmatar clone named Barry Z.


I chose Minmatar because they have some advantages with damage types and the fact that guns do not need capacitor. I'll go over more of that as we move along, but for now... BEHOLD (drum roll) Barry!

No comments:

Post a Comment