Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Bork Day 8 (miner headache)

Yeah, it is a pun. I had a long hard think today about how to proceed. I need to get to Level 2 missions. If I didn't have the rules I'd have bought a destroyer by now for the L1 missions, but since building a ship is a major undertaking, I am going to skip the destroyer all together, for now.

Actually, let me pause there. Why not skip the destroyer? Salvaging. A basic destroyer makes a great starter salvage boat, and building a Noctis right now is a distant pipe dream. However, my time in game does impose some restrictions (because of my rules) especially in terms of time. So...

Next up will be a cruiser, and more specifically, an Arbitrator. Yep, it is a drone boat and I have opted to focus on drones. Why? Mining. I will need to be able to fly a mining barge down the road and drones are going to be my only defense, so that will be my main focus. I'll need to get the BPO for a drone of some kind (probably the Hobgoblin I) to supply ammo. I can diversify later, but right now, to keep the building machine grinding forward I need to deal with drones.

Still with me? Now the painful part... a BPO for an Arbitrator is 81.7 million isk and I am sitting at 2.7 million.... Ouch!



Drone base



No comments:

Post a Comment