Monday, January 30, 2017

Bork Day 7 ("I hate Monday." - Garfield)

So this update is going to be a little dull. I've burned through a lot of energy after this last week playing this way so I am being mellow. Nice thing about eve, mining is a mellow thing to do. So while I sit here and grind up a few asteroids in a belt a couple systems away (mmmm.. Kernite) I figure this would be a good time for a recap as well as a bit of 'what is next'.
Yes, another cheesy star shot... still waiting for it to set. :)

As mentioned before, I have a Magante, a Nereus, and a Venture now. These will be used for mission running, hauling, and mining respectively. In reality I have kind of hit the first real plateau here in that I need skills trained to do stuff as well as more isk for blueprints. Given the very diverse spread of skills needed in the first week, I really am a weak character overall.

I need isk. However, with my current game-play 'rules' I can only get it missioning and ratting. There is more isk in Level 2 missions, but that will require a cruiser and skill points. So, for the next couple days I am going to train mostly weapons and shield skills while I sort out what I am going to for a cruiser.

Up front I prefer shields and that is most likely where I am going to focus. Missiles are also a bit of an easy button and given my restrictions and I need to favor ease over raw power. So, initially I am looking at getting a Caracal (yes, that makes another race to train), but I have a few days to figure that one out. I am also considering drones, but I need to look in to their replacement build costs before I do that. I also am considering going to guns (since capacitor can be the enemy)  but that will also require a cost analysis.

One other thing that I was hoping for, but has not happened, is shield and armor resist drops of some kind but the rats. Other than a couple EM ward types NOTHING else has dropped... and that sucks.

I am also looking at building the rigs I need, and those require salvage... another item that I need to build. I looked at Tractor beams as well, but their cost is currently prohibitive in terms of Megacyte.

Well, almost doe with a load. I will follow up tomorrow. Fly Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment