Saturday, February 18, 2017

Wormhole Pie (Part 1)

So I was looking over my various alts I have. Many were experimental concepts, a couple were miners in from back in the day, but I have one that was a L4 pilot from my short stint at multi-boxing. As I scrolled through the skills I noticed three interesting details.

1. Can fly a blockade runner. For those of you that do not know, a blockade runner is a small but very fast cargo ship that can fly cloaked. In good hands they are incredibly hard to catch.

2. I can do PI (Planetary Interaction) with this toon.

3. Has halfway decent scanning skills. Good enough to find wormholes at least.

So, since I hardly ever use this character, I am planning on grabbing a couple planetary command centers, a mobile depot, and dive in to a wormhole and setup shop on a planet. If the POCOs are cheap, I'll use those. If they are expensive, I will launch stuff up in to space over time.

Even with P2 products, I should be able to clear 80 million isk per ship load on a toon that I don't need for anything else. Its worth a shot.

Initial startup costs are a little high, 150-160 million isk, so I will need to make two complete runs without dying to break even. After that it should all be gravy.




No comments:

Post a Comment